Cook / Kitchen - $15/hr.
Portillo’s was just named one of QSR’s Best Brands to Work For! Read more here.
At Portillo’s we strive to create lifelong memories for both our guests and our Team Members, and that means providing a safe, welcoming workplace where we can live our Values of Family, Greatness, Energy and Fun.
Cook / Kitchen responsibilities include:
• Obsessed with our food? Learn how to make it! We’re looking for someone to prepare all the classics to order, including Italian Beef, Burgers, Hot Dogs, Fries and much more.
• Prepare fresh vegetables, sauces and so much more by following provided recipes and upholding our commitments to quality and sanitation.
• You are part of the show, have some fun and keep your stage, I mean station spotless.
• Work as a team player to help and serve others (team member and guests)
• Able to work with a sense of urgency to make our long lines look like a piece of cake, chocolate of course.
• Maintain proper portion control and monitor food levels throughout the shift – no worries, we will beef up your knowledge.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive pay
- $3/hr. increase on 5 holidays*
- $2/hr. increase during inclement weather
- Employee referral bonus + quarterly gift
- Career advancement opportunities (we’re growing!)
- Dedicated Team Member learning & development
- Flexible schedules
- Free shift meals
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it!
- Monthly “Franks a Lot” employee appreciation
- We pay a $2/hr. premium to our closing team members for all hours they work after 11pm!
*Easter, Memorial Day, July 4, Christmas Eve, New Year's Day
Working Full-time? Here’s what you’ll be eligible for:
Comprehensive benefits coverage including:
- The choice of 3 Medical Plans, including a PPO, a dental high or dental low plan, & vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts (healthcare and dependent care)
- Financial Security through Voya Financial
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Vacation
- Discounted Pet Insurance through Spot
- Identity Theft Protection
- Beef Stock – our Employee Stock Purchase Plan*
*Must have worked at Portillo’s for 1 year with an average of at least 20 hours over a 6-month period
Military Veterans encouraged to apply.
Bun Fact: Did you know that most of our managers started as a cook? Hmmmm