The Senior Enterprise Risk Manager will help Portillo’s deliver our Purpose to create lifelong memories by igniting the senses with unrivaled food and experiences by:
Family: Work together to make everyone feel at home, and we step up when someone needs help
· Design and lead a lean risk management organizational structure – including clear definition of roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities for aggregating, evaluating, and reporting of key business risks.
· Assist and advise ERM Committee members to understand risk appetite and develop risk control requirements.
· Ensure alignment of strategic and business practices with risk assessment and action plans.
· Lead facilitated sessions with business leaders to educate and drive this initiative throughout Portillo’s.
· Assist in response to OSHA complaints and investigations.
· Communicate clearly by listening to others and the team, share information concisely with purpose, and be open to opinions.
· Build relationships by establishing connections with others to build trust, share ideas, and accomplish work.
· Develop People by helping others become more effective through strengths, expectations, encouragement, and coaching.
Greatness: We’re obsessed with being the best and work hard to continuously improve. Our greatness is rooted in Quality, Service, Attitude and Cleanliness
· Develop and implement a formal ERM strategy and methodology to identify, measure, mitigate and monitor risks that could impact department or enterprise objectives.
· Assist in development of ERM governance, including policies and procedures.
· Manage ERM reporting.
· Develop and maintain a business continuity and disaster recovery plan (BCDR); review, revise and expand existing plans and protocols; align on roles and responsibilities within the organization.
· Oversees Portillo’s safety program. Conduct on-site safety visits to restaurants and commissaries.
· Coordinate loss control and loss reduction initiatives to reduce frequency and severity of losses.
· Lead change by recognizing that change is essential, set goals for change, and lead purposeful adaptations to work that align with the companies stated vision.
· Create accountability by holding self and others responsible for performance.
Energy: We move with urgency and passion, while maintaining attention to detail
· Establish tracking and reporting mechanisms and dashboards to measure mitigation effectiveness and progress.
· Conduct, at minimum, annual risk assessments; collaborate with internal audit on approach and communication of outcome to management and audit committee.
· Act as coordinator for continuity efforts after a disaster.
· Develop and ensure implementation of safety training and procedures for team members and managers.
· Inspire others through vision, confidence, and team member recognition.
Fun: We entertain our guests, we connect authentically, and we make each other smile
· Enhance overall awareness and understanding of risk. Define and implement a common risk language.
· Build strong relationships between Risk, Legal, Internal Audit, Training, Strategy and Operations teams.
· Other work or projects as assigned.