Oversees the development of new restaurant construction projects by directing the general contract job superintendents, coordinating architectural and civil plans, obtaining building permits, engaging in site visits, and coordinating the turnover of the project to Operations. Participates in the development process by assisting the real estate team with review of test fits, landlord letters of work, due diligence, and scheduling. Participates in the estimating process for new restaurants.
· Conducts site visits to document whether construction general contractors are completing their work obligations in a timely manner and to ensure that the quality and condition of the work meets Portillo’s Quality standards.
· Conducts in-office permit application, including all permit comments in construction plans, utilities and inspections, and plan review through communication with contractors, developers, and municipalities.
· Performs in-office project administration duties (i.e. processes change orders and applications for payment; updates project development reports).
· Works closely with the New Restaurant Opening team staff and Operations to coordinate building turnover dates, building orientations, warranty related issues and construction defects.
· Verifies and approves invoices and contract expenses.
· Performs other duties as required.