2016 was a year for the baseball history books. The Chicago Cubs became the World Series champions for the first time in 108 years. What a season!
It’s hard to believe that historic moment took place over three months ago and this championship team is about to start training for the 2017 season. Lucky for you, we’re partnering with Sloan Park to offer 10 guests in our Arizona restaurants a chance to see the Cubs take on the Indians again in a spring training game.
From February 20th to March 10th, if you visit our Tempe or Scottsdale restaurants, you can enter for a chance to win a VIP Game Day Experience when the Chicago Cubs play the Cleveland Indians at Sloan Park in Mesa, Arizona on March 24th!
Each of the winners will receive:
- Two tickets to the World Champion Chicago Cubs Spring Training Game on March 24th
- A behind-the-scenes, pre-game tour of Sloan Park
- On-field photo opportunities
- Entrance to watch the Cubs batting practice before the gates open to the public
Batter up because now’s the time to sign up for your chance to win in either the Tempe or Scottsdale Portillo’s restaurant locations. After all, this could be your year!
Let’s go Cubs! #FlytheW
No purchase necessary. See below for complete sweepstakes rules.
PORTILLO’S HOT DOGS® & CHICAGO CUBS “SPRING TRAINING GAMEDAY EXPERIENCE 2017” SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SPONSOR and ADMINISTRATOR: Portillo’s Hot Dogs, LLC, 2001 Spring Rd., Suite 400, Oak Brook, IL 60523.
2. ENTRY: This Sweepstakes will consist of one sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”). The Sweepstakes may be entered in-restaurant by completing the following steps:  visit a Portillo’s restaurant in Tempe or Scottsdale, AZ and fill out a “register for your chance to win” form (“Entry”) and  place your completed Entry into the Sweepstakes entry box. You will be asked to provide your name, email address, and phone number. For purposes of these Official Rules (“Rules”), the entry period shall be defined as commencing at 12:01 A.M. on February 20, 2017, and ending at 11:59:59 P.M. on March 10, 2017 (“Term”), and all times and dates are Mountain Time. It is your sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor if you change your contact information (“Email Address”).
3. LIMITATIONS: There may not be more than one Entry per person per Email Address. Entries by any method other than set forth above in Paragraph 2 are void. Any use of automated or programmed methods of effecting Entry is prohibited. Open only to persons who are, as of the date of Entry, 18 years of age or older and not employees of the Sponsor, Administrator, Chicago Cubs or any MLB Entity, defined below, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies; or the advertising, promotional or fulfillment agencies of any of them (individually and collectively, “Entities”); nor members of their households or immediate families. The “MLB Entities” shall mean the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball, its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, MLB Advanced Media, L.P. (“MLBAM” or “MLB.com”), Major League Baseball Enterprises, Inc., Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., the Major League Baseball Clubs, The MLB Network, LLC, Tickets.com, Inc., SportsOnEarth, LLC and each of their respective subsidiaries or affiliated entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Major League Baseball Clubs or the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball, and the directors, officers, employees and agents of the above entities. Neither the Entities, nor any of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents or representatives (individually and collectively, “Releasees”) are responsible for any Entry that is altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, fraudulent, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, late, lost, misrouted, multiple, non-delivered, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized or unintelligible; or any printing, production, technical, electronic or other errors; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; miscommunications; failed phone, computer hardware or software or telephone transmissions; technical failures; unauthorized human intervention; traffic congestion; garbled or unintelligible transmissions; undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering; insufficient space in entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail; or other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, mechanical or human error or other causes; even if caused by the negligence of any of the Releasees. Each such potential Entry will be disqualified. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that all disputes will be resolved solely through binding arbitration, and entrants waive the ability to bring claims in a class action format. Any awards or judgments shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event shall include attorneys’ fees. Under no circumstances shall any entrant be permitted to obtain an award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, any punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
Ten (10) Grand Prize Winners will receive: Two (2) tickets to the Cubs home Spring Training Game on March 24th, 2017; pre-game tour of Sloan Park on game day for winner and guest; opportunity for on-field photo pre-game on game day for winner and guest; and the opportunity to watch Cubs batting practice before gates open to the public.
Grand Prize and all subsequent prizes, each referred to as a “Prize” or collectively as the “Prizes”
All winners hereinafter referred to as a “Winner” or collectively as “Winners.”
Approximate retail value of Grand Prize (ARV) is $250. Winner is solely responsible for any and all expenses and taxes related to the Prize.
Limit one Prize per person per household per email address. Any depiction of Prizes is for illustrative purposes only. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable. No substitutions are allowed, except, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. All Prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received during the Term and Prizes validly claimed by no later than March 20th, 2017, after which no alternate Winners will be selected, nor unclaimed Prizes awarded.
Winner’s companions must be of legal age of majority in their jurisdictions of residence (and at least eighteen (18) years of age), unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Major League Baseball game, event and exhibition dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball and/or the applicable Major League Baseball Club, as applicable, and may be subject to change. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as part of any Prize will govern in the event a legal game, event or exhibition, as defined by Major League Baseball, is not played due to weather, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Winner and his/her guest(s) agree to comply with all applicable ballpark regulations in connection with the Prize. Sponsor and the applicable MLB Entities reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to any Winner and/or his/her guest(s) who engage(s) in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the game, event or exhibition. Releasees (defined above) will not be responsible for Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Baseball game, event or exhibition.
5. PROCEDURES: All Entries for Sweepstakes must be received during the applicable Term as set forth below. The Administrator will conduct the random drawing for each Sweepstakes as set forth below to select the potential Winner and alternates from all eligible Entries received for that Sweepstakes. The Term and drawing date for the Sweepstakes are as follows:
Term February 20, 2017 - March 10, 2017
Drawing Date (on or about) March 11, 2017
6. ODDS: Odds of winning each Sweepstakes depend on the total number of eligible Entries received for that Sweepstakes.
7. WINNER: Potential Winners will be notified by email on or about two (2) business days after the applicable drawing date. Disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:  the return of any email notification or Prize as undeliverable;  potential Winner’s failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 providing tax information within three (3) business days from the date of emailing;  potential Winner’s failure to validly claim any Prize by March 20, 2017; and  any other non-compliance with Rules. No more than two (2) alternate winners will be selected. All taxes and other expenses associated with claiming the Prize are solely the responsibility of each Winner. In accordance with IRS regulations, each Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 and must provide Administrator with his/her Social Security Number on an IRS W-9 Form. Winner must provide a valid form of identification to Administrator to claim the Prize. All identification presented is subject to acceptance by Administrator in its sole discretion. Identification that is counterfeit, illegible, tampered with, or otherwise altered, will not be accepted.
10. WINNERS LIST: For a list of Winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by: Portillo’s Cubs Spring Training Gameday Sweepstakes Winners List, 2001 Spring Rd., Suite 400, Oak Brook, IL 60523.
Chicago Cubs trademarks and copyrights are proprietary to the MLB Entities and are used with permission. All rights reserved. Sweepstakes not sponsored, administered or fulfilled by any MLB Entity.